Coalition and Operational Support VISTA
The Coalition and Operational Support VISTA member will build the capacity of Healing Action and the Coalition Against Trafficking and Exploitation (CATE), which is housed within Healing Action, by developing community partnerships, securing media partners & volunteers, completing grants and day-to-day operational tasks.
The AmeriCorps VISTA position is a one year, full-time position with a living allowance.
The Coalition and Operational Support VISTA will…
- Conduct research on coalition building techniques, including reaching out to other coalitions to identify successes and missteps
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the Coalition, working with both Healing Action staff, volunteers, and stakeholders
- Research and identify those organizations addressing the issue in the region, and foster relationships with them to bring them on as members of the Coalition.
- Create appropriate marketing materials for target audiences
- Work with Healing Action staff and stakeholders to develop needed items
- Manage social media accounts and website for the coalition
- Develop a programming manual, so that the identified engagement plan can be replicated in the future
- Participate in quarterly Coalition meetings and work with members on project management for identified tasks
- Co-facilitate Human Trafficking 101 presentations as requested in the community
- Research and create a volunteer management protocol for those individuals reaching out to volunteer through the Coalition
- Research best practices for trauma-informed care, and work with stakeholders to create a manual of best practices for both operation and service provisions
- Research, identify and prepare grants for funding of the Coalition
- Research the history of programming used at Healing Action
- Research best practices for developing and implementing processes to identify strengths and weaknesses of Healing Action’s current program related operational tasks and make a plan for improvement
- Work with staff in various departments to implement identified improvements in programs and re-evaluate bi-annually.
You are a good fit if…
- You want to dedicate a year to service in the Saint Louis area
- You are looking to make a significant impact with your time
- You have self-drive and determination to see a community free of violence and exploitation
- Living allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Incredible onsite training and experience through year of service
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award – $6,195
- Loan Forbearance or Deferment
- One year of Non-Competitive Eligibility Status when applying for jobs with the United States Government
- Healthcare Reimbursement Program or Health Benefit Plan*
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit: www.vistacampus.gov/healthcareterms
To apply, contact Jason Seward, Director of Development and AmeriCorps Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-833-4515