Donor Relations and Events VISTA
The Donor Relations and Events VISTA will build the capacity of Healing Action by developing relationships with individual funders and organizing fundraising and awareness events which will increase Healing Action’s support and ability to serve survivors of sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation (CSE).
This position reports to the Director of Strategic Engagement and Healing Action’s VISTA Lead.
Developing structured donor relations program by
- Working with the Director of Strategic Advancement and Development Team to research best practices in donor management, developing marketing and campaign materials for potential donors
- Researching, planning, and assisting with implementation of donor recognition events
- Connecting and communicating with future donors
- Acquiring and processing cash and in-kind donations
- Drafting policies and procedures to reflect the processes
- Streamlining and tracking the process for future replication
Implementing digital tools and reports for donor management by
- Becoming familiar with DonorPerfect and other donor management tools by researching and implementing best practices
- Collaborating with staff to update DonorPerfect to reflect interactions and relationships with donors
- Developing monthly reports to reflect growth, communications, and funding through donor relations efforts
Develop and implement Healing Action events by
- Researching best practices for in-person and virtual fundraising events
- Developing marketing and communications for event promotion
- Researching and outreaching potential event sponsors, vendors, and attendees
- Communicating with event attendees before and after the event
- Assisting with setup and management during events
- Documenting and tracking processes to develop policies and procedures for event management
This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of approximately $14,960 before taxes over the course of one year ($575.40/biweekly).
You also have the choice of one of two awards at the end of a successful year of service:
- $1,800 cash stipend bonus
- $6,345 Segal Education Award for future educational expenses or federal student loans (This award could be matched by your university! Click here to see if your school matches the award.)
Other benefits include:
- Childcare assistance is available to VISTA members who qualify.
- Relocation assistance is available to VISTA members who qualify.
- Some health benefits are available to VISTA members to help with the cost of co-pays and other qualified medical expenses.
- Professional development training opportunities are also offered.
- AmeriCorps VISTA allows members to earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving members an edge in the federal hiring process.
For more information about the AmeriCorps VISTA program, click here.
- Be 18 years or older
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state which may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- As this is a full-time position and requires 40 hours per week, candidates with full-time employment or who are currently enrolled full-time in an educational institute are not a good fit for VISTA positions.