Healing Hunger & Drop In Center Support Summer Associate VISTA
The Healing Hunger and Drop In Center Support Summer Associate VISTA member will build the capacity of Healing Action Network by developing community partnerships, securing media partners and volunteers and completing grants and complete day-to-day operational tasks to provide sustainability the Healing Hunger
project in St. Louis, Missouri.
The AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate position is a seasonal position for Summer 2020.
The Healing Hunger & Drop In Center Support Summer Associate VISTA will…
- Conduct research on programs that address food insecurity, including reaching out
to other organizations to identify successes and missteps.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for Healing Hunger, working with both Healing Action Staff, volunteers and stakeholders.
- Create appropriate marketing materials for target audiences.
- Work with Healing Action staff and stakeholders to develop needed items.
- Develop a programming manual, so that the identified engagement plan can be replicated in the future.
- Research, identify and reach out to corporations and businesses to establish a food drive calendar for the following year.
- Research, identify and prepare grants for funding of the Healing Hunger projects.
- Provide drop in center support throughout service hours Serve alongside Healing
Action staff with management of the client boutique and pantry.
- Support clients with resource searches utilizing available computers and phones.
You are a good fit if…
- You want to dedicate your summer to service in the Saint Louis area
- You are looking to make a significant impact with your time
- You have self-drive and determination to see a community free of violence and exploitation
- Living allowance
- Incredible onsite training and experience through service
To apply, contact Jason Seward, Director of Development and AmeriCorps Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-833-4515