Media and Community Engagement VISTA
The Media and Community Engagement VISTA will build Healing Action’s capacity by curating digital content to bring new funders and supporters to the organization and create partnerships with community stakeholders to meet the needs of survivors.
This position reports to the Director of Strategic Engagement and Healing Action’s VISTA Lead.
Develop a content creation plan for engaging digital storytelling by
- Designing effective, creative media, marketing, and communications through digital tools working with Healing Action staff to identify pertinent and appropriate success stories to develop digital media to share with Healing Action’s contact list
- Creating and delivering a monthly digital newsletter
- Developing and delivering relevant email blasts as needed
- Curating and promoting engaging blog content for Healing Action’s website such as appropriate video and photo materials
- Developing a brand guideline
- Growing awareness for Healing Action’s services and survivors including researching best practices for victim service providers on social media to ensure no re-exploitation of survivors
- Developing a content calendar for social media to ensure coverage of important events and dates
- Managing and promoting Healing Action’s Facebook Fundraisers
- Staying up-to-date on best practices for various social media platforms
- Working with Healing Action staff to highlight various services, supporters, and staff members on social media platforms
- Working monthly with Healing Action staff to identify the current needs of agency and clients and identify organizations and community partners that have assets to meet the identified needs
- Curating communication materials and informational packets for Healing Action to provide to potential partners and conducting outreach via phone, email, etc. to connect and create relationships
- Acquiring and processing in-kind donations
- Working with the Donor Relations VISTA to track relationships and interactions in DonorPerfect
- Developing and implementing tracking plan for needs and goals regarding community partnerships
This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of approximately $14,960 before taxes over the course of one year ($575.40/biweekly).
You also have the choice of one of two awards at the end of a successful year of service:
- $1,800 cash stipend bonus
- $6,345 Segal Education Award for future educational expenses or federal student loans (This award could be matched by your university! Click here to see if your school matches the award.)
Other benefits include:
- Childcare assistance is available to VISTA members who qualify.
- Relocation assistance is available to VISTA members who qualify.
- Some health benefits are available to VISTA members to help with the cost of co-pays and other qualified medical expenses.
- Professional development training opportunities are also offered.
- AmeriCorps VISTA allows members to earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving members an edge in the federal hiring process.
For more information about the AmeriCorps VISTA program, click here.
- Be 18 years or older
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state which may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- As this is a full-time position and requires 40 hours per week, candidates with full-time employment or who are currently enrolled full-time in an educational institute are not a good fit for VISTA positions.