The Full-Time MoCATE Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating activities associated with the Missouri Coalition Against Trafficking and Exploitation (MoCATE). This position reports to the Executive Director.
Healing Action is one of three Collaborative Partners and the host site of MoCATE. The person hired for this position will be an employee of Healing Action.
MoCATE is a statewide collaborative effort of agencies and individuals building on a community movement to prevent and respond to human trafficking and exploitation through advocacy, public policy, education, and direct outreach strategies.
Healing Action is a St. Louis based non-profit organization that services adults who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation including, but not limited to, sex trafficking, prostitution, stripping, escorting, pornography, and survival sex.
What You’ll Do…
- Monitor and improve the quality of MoCATE projects
- Working closely with Collaborative Partners to ensure all MoCATE requirements & goals are achieved
- Oversees all aspects of MoCATE Administration, including budgeting, hiring, and personnel management
- Assist with the collection of field-related statistics, and document findings and progress of programs and activities in reports to Healing Action, other funding agencies, and coalition members
- Work closely with lead agency development staff on identifying potential sources of income for MoCATE
Outreach & Coalition Building
- Coordinate and lead MoCATE meetings and workgroups
- Represent MoCATE before public groups, partners, members, and individuals involved with MoCATE in any capacity
- Work with Collaborative Partners and allies to develop and achieve common goals
- Develop and implement strategies that will lead to long-term involvement of community institutions, organizations, and individuals
Community Education & Technical Assistance
- Supervise the AmeriCorps State FT Community Educator
- In collaboration with Collaborative Partners, develop culturally appropriate curricula, training, and reference materials related to human trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation
- Oversee the planning and coordination of quarterly educational and training workshops for coalition members, including two full day workshops annually
This could be a good match if you have…
- A track record of successful leadership
- Demonstrated experience in supervising employees
- Experience in health education, administration, policy/planning, or in community/organizational psychology
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively in person, on paper, and by telephone with diverse audiences
- Are detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, set and meet goals and deadlines independently
- A demonstrate skillset in meeting and training facilitation, strategic planning, and public speaking
- A strong ability to work independently to identify barriers on the way to completing a task and creatively problem solve.
Requirements for this position
- A degree in Social Work, Public Health, or related degree (Bachelor’s degree accepted, Master’s degree preferred)
- At least 5 years’ experience in the fields of human trafficking, domestic violence, and/or sexual assault victim advocacy
- Must have ability to travel using a personal vehicle safely, maintaining proper licensing and insurance coverage and following company policy. Requires a valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and reliable transportation
- The ability to work some evenings and weekends may be required based on business demands
Schedule and Salary:
This is a full time (40 hrs.), non-exempt position. Wage is negotiable – DOE. Generous benefit and time-off package to be discussed during interview process. Monthly reimbursement for mileage and expenses.
If you are qualified and interested, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include MoCATE Manager in the subject line of your email.