Operational Support VISTA
The Operational Support VISTA will build Healing Action’s capacity by researching and implementing an engagement strategy to support the expanding Board of Directors and completing operational support tasks that will allow the organization to improve day-to-day operations and survivor-centered tasks across all programs.
This position reports to the Director of Strategic Engagement and Healing Action’s VISTA Lead.
Update Healing Action’s operational procedures to increase efficiency across processes by
- Researching the history of Healing Action’s programming
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of the current policies and procedures related to inter-office activities and tasks
- Creating a plan of action to improve processes
- Working with staff in various departments to implement identified improvements
- Training staff on updated policies and procedures
- Re-evaluate processes bi-annually through facilitated department processes meetings
- Identifying current gaps on the current Board of Directors in order to prepare notice of opportunities for needed talent
- Assisting Healing Action’s leadership with ongoing board activities, including recruitment, stewardship, and activity tracking and reporting
This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of approximately $14,960 before taxes over the course of one year ($575.40/biweekly).
You also have the choice of one of two awards at the end of a successful year of service:
- $1,800 cash stipend bonus
- $6,345 Segal Education Award for future educational expenses or federal student loans (This award could be matched by your university! Click here to see if your school matches the award.)
Other benefits include:
- Childcare assistance is available to VISTA members who qualify.
- Relocation assistance is available to VISTA members who qualify.
- Some health benefits are available to VISTA members to help with the cost of co-pays and other qualified medical expenses.
- Professional development training opportunities are also offered.
- AmeriCorps VISTA allows members to earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving members an edge in the federal hiring process.
For more information about the AmeriCorps VISTA program, click here.
- Be 18 years or older
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state which may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- As this is a full-time position and requires 40 hours per week, candidates with full-time employment or who are currently enrolled full-time in an educational institute are not a good fit for VISTA positions.