Program Action Support VISTA
The Program Action Support VISTA will build Healing Action’s capacity by supporting the needs of the direct service staff to allow them to focus on providing care to survivors of sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation.
This position will report to the Quality Assurance Director and VISTA Lead.
Identify programmatic gaps and develop solutions by
- Becoming familiar with current program processes
- Working with the Quality Assurance Director and direct service staff to identify programmatic issues and present solutions
- Researching best practices for program implementation and developing resources to establish and implement policies and procedures to fill the gaps
Develop, assist, and implement documentation standards for direct service staff by
- Researching and becoming familiar with current documentation efforts
- Working with the direct service staff and Quality Assurance Director to identify implementation efforts for consistent documentation
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to reflect the necessary changes
Further program development for direct service staff by
- Assisting with interdepartmental communications to illustrate any gaps in care and current needs to the development team
- Assisting in further training processes
- Developing and updating client resource materials and staff resources for assisting survivors
This full-time national service position provides a living allowance of approximately $17600 before taxes over the course of one year ($675.08/biweekly).
You also have the choice of one of two awards at the end of a successful year of service:
- $1,800 cash stipend bonus
- $6,345 Segal Education Award for future educational expenses or federal student loans (This award could be matched by your university! Click here to see if your school matches the award.)
Other benefits include:
- Childcare assistance is available to VISTA members who qualify.
- Relocation assistance is available to VISTA members who qualify.
- Some health benefits are available to VISTA members to help with the cost of co-pays and other qualified medical expenses.
- Professional development training opportunities are also offered.
- AmeriCorps VISTA allows members to earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving members an edge in the federal hiring process.
For more information about the AmeriCorps VISTA program, click here.
- Be 18 years or older
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state which may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- As this is a full-time position and requires 40 hours per week, candidates with full-time employment or who are currently enrolled full-time in an educational institute are not a good fit for VISTA positions.
If you are qualified and interested, send resume and cover letter to Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Program Action Support VISTA in the subject line of your email.