Service Manager (AmeriCorps STATE)
The Full-Time Service Coordinator – AmeriCorps STATE will promote intensive case management services, recovery, self-advocacy, self-help, and development of positive natural and community-based supports for victims of sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation. This position reports to the Program Manager.
This position is funded through the AmeriCorps STATE program and is intended as a paid year of service. It should be noted that the position is contingent upon successful completion of state and federal background checks.
This position is community-based and will:
- Be responsible for providing crisis intervention and case management to clients.
- Establish a helping relationship, assess complex problems, select problem-solving interventions, and help clients function effectively.
- Work with clients to create client-specific, measurable, and reasonable goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Work with clients to complete a comprehensive safety plan.
- Provide individual case management to clients regularly, assisting them in identifying and accessing community resources, including housing, public transportation, state benefits, employment development, childcare, and social networks.
- Provide psychoeducational and therapeutic skills to promote client recovery.
- Inform clients about community and natural supports and how to use these in the recovery process.
- Participate in Supervision, Service Team meetings, and All-Agency meetings.
- Health coverage
- Living allowance
- Childcare assistance (if eligible)
- Ongoing training
- Mileage reimbursement
- Education Award upon successful completion of service
- College graduate
- Successful completion of state and federal background checks
- Able to work from 08/01/2021 through 7/31/2022