Service Manager - Part-time (AmeriCorps STATE)
The Part-Time Service Coordinator – AmeriCorps STATE will promote intensive case management services, recovery, self-advocacy, self-help, and development of positive natural and community-based supports for victims of sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation for a total of 675 hours. This position reports to the Program Manager.
This position is funded through the AmeriCorps STATE program and is intended as a paid year of service. It should be noted that the position is contingent upon successful completion of state and federal background checks.
This position is community-based and will:
- Be responsible for providing crisis intervention and case management to clients.
- Establish a helping relationship, assess complex problems, select problem-solving interventions, and help clients function effectively.
- Work with clients to complete a comprehensive safety plan.
- Provide individual case management to clients regularly, assisting them in identifying and accessing community resouces, including housing, public transportation, state benefits, employment development, childcare, and social networks.
- Provide psychoeducational and therapeutic skills to promote client recovery.
- Inform clients about community and natural supports and how to use these in the recovery process.
- Participate in supervision, service team meetings and all-agency meetings.
- Health coverage
- Living allowance
- Childcare assistance (if eligible)
- Ongoing training
- Mileage reimbursement
- Education Award upon successful completion of service
- College graduate
- Successful completion of state and federal background checks
- Able to work from 08/01/2022 through 07/31/2023