Service Manager – Holistic Safety
The Full Time Service Manager, Holistic Safety will promote intensive case management services, recovery, self-advocacy, self-help, and development of positive natural and community-based supports for victims of human trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation according to local and federal policies and guidelines. This position reports to the Clinical Director.
Healing Action is a St. Louis based non-profit organization that services adults who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation including, but not limited to, human trafficking, prostitution, stripping, escorting, pornography, and survival sex.
Healing Action focuses on providing relational trauma recovery services that include intensive case management, trauma therapy, individual and group peer support services, psychoeducation groups, and supportive housing. We continue to build a team of creative, flexible, passionate, and driven individuals who thrive in a nontraditional environment.
- 24 vacation days
- 9 agency-observed holidays
- Full employer-paid individual health insurance, including dental and vision, upon hire
- Ongoing Professional Development opportunities
- Monthly mileage and phone reimbursement
Salary to be discussed during the interview process.
What You’ll Do…
- Establish a helping relationship, assess complex problems including crisis intervention, problem solving and comprehensive safety planning
- Work with Members to create client specific, measurable, and reasonable goals, objectives, and outcomes by administering pre/post assessments and evaluations to ensure service effectiveness and person-centered clinical intervention
- Provide community-based services to Members for appointments, court hearings, recovery events, and community activities
- Support Members in accessing community resources, including housing, public transportation, state benefits, education and employment development, childcare, and social networks
- Coordinate the integration of social services by providing case management to existing agencies as well as coordinating new relationships within the community to provide survivors access to additional resources
- Provide psychoeducation and therapeutic skills to promote member recovery
- Inform and educate Members about the importance of community and natural supports and assist them in recognizing and identifying them in the recovery process
- Participate in Supervision, Service Team meetings, and All-Agency meetings to assist with expansion and delivery of comprehensive services
This could be a good match if you have…
- Demonstrated ability to model appropriate relational boundaries, use team as support, and practice self-care when exposed to high volume of traumatized victims
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed theories, principles, and best practices in working with individuals with complex trauma
- The capacity to provide assistance in a timely, sensitive, and supportive manner based on trauma-informed practice principles
- Knowledge of community resources including counseling, community organizing, and/or group work
- A rights-based, harm reduction, and social justice framework
- A flexible, creative, and proactive working style, using one’s own initiative to anticipate the unexpected and remain resourceful
- Demonstrated ability to use person-first language and refrain from stigmatizing language
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with effective record keeping
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, set and meet goals and deadlines
Requirements for this position
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related degree (provisional licensure preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of post-graduation practice preferred
- A valid driver’s license and ability to obtain a Class E License, proof of automobile insurance, reliable transportation, clear driving record and criminal background check
- The ability to work a flexible schedule based on member needs
- Must be available to provide service to our on-call crisis line as scheduled when applicable.
Schedule and Salary:
This is a full time (40 hrs.), non-exempt position. Wage is negotiable – DOE. Generous benefit and time-off package to be discussed during interview process. Monthly reimbursement for mileage and expenses.
If you are qualified and interested, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include Service Manager in the subject line of your email.