Trauma Therapy Practicum (AmeriCorps STATE)
The Trauma Therapy Practicum (AmeriCorps STATE) position will utilize trauma-informed practices and interventions when working with survivors of sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Director.
This position is funded through the AmeriCorps STATE program. It should be noted that the position is contingent upon successful completion of state and federal background checks.
This position will:
- Establish a helping relationship, assess complex problems, and select interventions to help Healing Action Members function effectively.
- Provide individual and group therapy to survivors of commercial sexual exploitation (CSE)
- Provide psychoeducational groups surrounding trauma, healthy relationships, and substance use recovery.
- Work with Members to complete a comprehensive safety plan.
- Work with Members to create client-specific, measurable, and reasonable goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Provide psychoeducation and therapeutic skills to promote Member recovery.
- Help Members understand their treatment and recovery options.
- Respond in a timely way to changes in Member’s conditions and take appropriate actions.
- Coordinate/communicate with other providers to increase the effectiveness of treatment.
- Participate in supervision, Service Team meetings and All-Agency
- Additional tasks as outlined in the practicum learning agreement.
- Ongoing training
- Monthly stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
- Education Award upon successful completion of service.
- Must be in or have graduated from a graduate-level counseling program
- Must complete 675 hours between August 1, 2021 and July 31, 2022